Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blessings

When I started this blog I wanted it to be somewhat of a journal for my kids to enjoy someday so I wanted to share our experience today at church. Tracy and I have been fasting and praying for a while now for not only solutions for some of the current challenges but also for guidence for the future. Sitting in Sacrament meeting was just a typical fast and testimony meeting until the very end. Our Bishop got up at the end (he was not conducting) and said that he wanted to share a thought with us. He related a story from his mission that was along the lines of a priesthood leaders prayer that ended in a blessing on the missionaries. Folowing that blessing they had 3 member referals that day. He continued that he rarely remembers dreams but he distinctly remebered one this week that ended with him standing at the pulpit telling us that he felt impressed to bless us, as our Bishop, that the things which we have been praying for and answers you are in need of will come. For some reason that general statement to the congregation seemed to speak directly to Tracy and I. It was the best feeling of peace that came to us at that moment, as if our unspoken uncertainties were wiped away. What love I have for inspired leaders and the sweet peace of the Holy Ghost in my life.

4 comments:

Kat M said...

That was really neat that he did that. I was suprised. I am so glad that you both felt such comfort. :) I love when that happens.

Jillsywillsy said...

I was really touched when he said that too. I love you guys and am praying for you.

I am pretty sure that leaving you guys is going to be the hardest part about moving for me (and especially Jordyn).

Kathy P said...

I!LOVE!THAT!

I love when this happens. Such a testimony that Heavenly Father knows who you are.

Ammie said...

That is wonderful! Hopefully that can reach even me who is still at home with my babe:)